Thursday, April 24, 2008

I learned A Lesson...

It started out as a wonderful day (well, as wonderful as it could be while you’re in school). I went to math class, did some math problems and was out early. Then I went to English class and I was done for the day. I get in my car, driving down the highway enjoying the weather with my windows down and music loud. A typical Friday morning, except what was not so typical was when I saw a red and white piece of paper flapping on my windshield. I get out of the car on a red light and what is it but a $50 fine for failing to display my parking permit!

In my explanation of my typical Friday morning, I kinda maybe sorta forgot to mention that I didn’t take my car to school that morning. The Land Rover was parked behind my car in the driveway so I decided to take it instead since I didn’t feel like moving the Land Rover then moving my car then moving the Land Rover back. Plus, I really like driving the Land Rover so any chance I get to take it, I will. Of course, I forgot to take the parking permit thingy out of my car and put in the Land Rover. I really didn’t think it was a big deal since I’ve taken the Land Rover plenty of times without the parking permit thingy before and I’ve never gotten a ticket. Well, this time I did.

I know it’s completely my fault. And I was ready to accept it and pay. But, since my father is the one that’ll be paying (I have no money and no job), he, not so much. I kinda told him about it once I saw him because I didn’t want to keep worrying about it. He, of course, told me not to pay and to go complain (it’s what he does best, getting out of paying for something I mean). So I did. I told them my car was in the shop with the parking permit in it and I didn’t have a choice (Not true, but I highly doubt anyone from public safety is reading). It didn’t work. (I guess I don’t have my father’s skills just yet). Luckily, my father was on a VERY good mood when I told him they wouldn’t take it back. He just said, “you gotta do what’cha gotta do.” Weird turn around from when I first told him he had to pay $50 bucks. Ah, well, I guess this teaches me a lesson. Always remember to take the parking permit out of the car when I take the Land Rover.

BTW, I still didn’t pay it and It’s been a week.

0 comments: