Tuesday, May 6, 2008

OMG, Its Gossip Girl.


So lately, I've been pretty obsessed with the show "Gossip Girl". I know, just what I need more TV, but I can't help myself. These things help me get through the week, gives me something to look forward to, you can say. So anyway, Gossip Girl, yes I love it. Such an awesome show. The show chronicles the lives of the exclusive and complicated vicious circle of New York's Upper East Side. The young, rich, and privileged teens attend the most elite of private schools, while dealing teen issues. Whats funny about the show is that it actually revolves around a blog. The show is narrated by an anonymous blogger, "Gossip Girl", who runs a blog about her fellow Upper East Siders and feeds them the latest gossip. The whole school tunes into gossip girl to find out the latest gossip about their fellow Upper East Siders. The show is truly addictive with its tangle of jealousy, loyalty, confusion and general teen angst. Some will be surprised to learn the the series is actually based a book series written by Cecily von Ziegesar. Some say that the show doesn't live up to the books but since I have never read the books, I really can't compare. For me, the show is truly one of the best on television to date. Its a modern take on the ultimate teen drama. Everyone should watch this show. Everyone.

This is article in New York magazine that I highly recommend reading.

0 comments: