Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We're down to nine!

Two weeks ago on American Idol we said goodbye to Amanda Overmeyer. And I couldn't be happier. She definitely deserved to go that week. Actually, I think she should have gone along time ago. She sounds the same every week and I never understood why the judges actually thought she was good. Well, anyway, America finally got it right and now she's gone.

Last week, Chikeze was eliminated. I thought Kristy Lee Cook should have definelty gone instead of him. I mean, she was in the bottom three every week. Why wont she leave already. I actually liked Chikeze. He kinda grew on me over the weeks. I thought his voice was pretty good and he had lots of personality. I don't think the judges like him very much (mostly simon) but I disagree with them. My favorite performance by him was the week he sang that Beatles song (can't remember the name right now and too lazy to look it up) where he used the harmonica. The judges didn't like it very much, but that was probably my favorite thing he ever sang. Oh well, now he's gone and I've moved on.

This week the top 9 will be singing Dolly Parton songs. I think thats kinda an odd choice of a theme. I wish they could sing more recent songs. I hope they have a 90's decade or something. That would be nice. Over the weeks, I have picked my favorites. Micheal Johns and David Cook are the ones that keep me the most interested in watching. I download each of there studio songs each week. I think they'll both make it far too. At least, I hope. For the girls, I'll say Brooke White is my favorite. She's the only one I don't find boring out of them. Okay so anyway, Yeah Dolly Parton week today! We'll see who rocks and who blows. I'll be back with the results after Wednesday.

0 comments: