Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opening Day!

Well yesterday was opening day of the Major League Baseball season. Opening Day is one of the best days of the year. After a grueling and boring winter baseball is finally back and I’m excited. I finally get to see all the acquisitions play on their new teams and young players get a shot in the Major leagues. I’m a Yankees fan, but there game got canceled so I was hooked to all the other games that were on ESPN and all the other sport networks. The thing I was amazed the most was Johan Santana’s debut with the Mets. He pitched a gem of a game and I was really impressed and I think he’ll probably be the NL CY Young award winner. He only gave up 2 runs and 3 hits in 7 innings. The Mets offense was also very impressive as David Wright hit a bases clearing double in the 4th inning, which proved to be big in winning the game 7-2. Other games that were really good was the brewers cubs game, where their big acquisition Kosuke Fukudome hit a game tying 3-run homerun but they still lost the game. And in the night the best pitching match up of the day took place when Jake Peavy and Roy Oswalt faced off. The reining Cy Young award won the face-off 4-0. That’s the great thing about opening day you have the best pitching match ups, because its 1 vs. 1. I hope for a great baseball season and I hope all of you guys enjoy it.

0 comments: