Friday, February 15, 2008

A Sad Day ...

Valentines Day 2008 was a tragic day at Northen Illinois University. A gunman opened fire with a shotgun and two handguns killing five students and wounding over a dozen before taking his own life. The gunman went a rampage leading to a total of 22 casualties. Police have identified the gunman as 27 year old former student Stephen Kazmierczak and became errotic after he stopped taking his medication.


When I hear things like this happen, it definelty scares me. I can't help but worry something like this will happen at St. Johns. I never understood how universities can let something like this happen, but then I realized people who commit such hostile acts are obviously sick. No person in their right mind would do such things. I think colleges and universities should be more aware of people who need help. They should also enforce more security on college campuses. I know there's only so much security a school can have, but its at least one thing they can do to prevent shootings on college campuses. My thoughts and prayer are with the families and friends who have lost loved ones on this tragic day.
Kinda feel bad talking about this when the title of my blog is "On The Verge Of Something Wonderful"

0 comments: