Friday, February 15, 2008

Its Idol Time!


The top 24 contestants of this year's American Idol was finally revealed on Wednesday night. Let me start by saying how disappointed I am that this year's Hollywood week was so short. They aired an hour of them singing in all of Hollywood, not to mention the lack of group performances. They spent weeks on the auditions! Yes, I know a lot people say its their favorite part and yes, I do like the auditions. But c'mon, at least show a good part of Hollywood week. And then of course they have their hour long "chair" show which is incredibly pointless. Anyway, enough ranting, on to the top 24 contestants of Season 7 American Idol.


Lets start with the good, there were a couple of the contestants that made it who really impressed me. David Archuleta was one of the boys who really blew me away. When I first saw him in the auditions, I thought he was pretty good. But after seeing him sing "Heaven" in Hollywood, I was sold. Not to mention, He's Only 16?!?! Talented boy and I'm glad he made it. Another boy that stood out to me was Micheal Johns who has an amazing voice and could possible win this thing despite being Australlian (Hello! American Idol?). Other boys I thought were pretty okay were David Cook and David Hernandez (whats with the Davids?!). Oh and Chikezie Eze cause who can't love a guy with a name like that. There's also Danny Noriega who I think has an okay voice but kinda reminds me of Sanjaya. Then there's the contestants who I really know nothing about cause of the incredibly short Hollywood week, Luke Menard who kinda looks like Orlando Bloom, Colton Berry, Jason Yeager, Garrett Haley, and Jason Castro (don't think I even heard them talk). Oh and there's Robbie Carrico who supposedly dated Britney once (Yes, Britney Spears!).


Now there's the girls. This is going to be quick since most of the girls bore me. Carly Smithson I think is one girl that stands out in the crowd. She has a good voice and I think will make it far in the competition because the judges love her. I'm not really a big fan of her though. She has already had an album out but since it was a big flop, this is her second chance. FYI Carly, this is a competiton for undiscovered talent. You've already been discovered and you failed! Moving on ... you have Ramiele Malubay, Syesha Mercado, Joanne Borgella who can really sing but dont really stand out to me. Amanda Overmyer is the rockstar nurse who the judges love but her voice just doesnt do it for me (she sounds the same everytime she sings!) I was hoping she didnt make the Top 24 but what do I know. Brooke White seems like a sweet girl and was the only one who I enjoyed watching on stage. Kristy Lee Cook has a fairly decent voice but an annoying personality (no, its not just a singing competition). Asia'h Epperson is the girl who's father passed away right before her audition, good voice and will probably make it far. Kady Malloy, I only remember her impressions from her audition. And then of course you have the people I've never even heard of before, Alexandrea Lushington, Alaina Whitaker, and Amy Davis.


And there you have it, your Top 24 contestants of American Idol Season 7!

0 comments: