Monday, March 17, 2008

7 Months Later...


The day that changed my life (ok, not really but whatever) was September 6, 2007. It started out as a normal day. I was backing out of the driveway to go school, just like every other day of the week. Except when I'm actually out of the driveway I see this tiny thing at the bottom of my driveway. I knew whatever it was it was alive but I wasn't sure exactly what it was. So I drive my car closer to this "thing" and what do I see but a tiny tiny tiny(did I mention tiny?) kitten curled up into a ball. I really wanted to bring it into the house but I didn't have time to get out of the car and bring it in since I was already late to class (stupid class >:-( . So I called my house and told my mom to bring it in the house. Now my mom hates cats (actually she hates all animals. Mean, I know..) but she agreed because it was my little brothers birthday and she wanted to surprise him with a cat in the house. We said were going to feed him for a few days and then let him go.


It’s now been 7 months and we still have him.


I promised myself that I would never have another pet after my disappointing pet rabbit (let’s not talk about that), But really, this all happened out of nowhere. When we first found him, I was afraid to touch him. I used to be scared of cats before him. I remember even wearing gloves when I would (if I did at all) touch him (stop laughing!). I also never got how people can become so attached to an animal before. I used to think these people were just lonely and needed animals for friends. It’s like, it’s just an animal, it doesn't have feelings and emotions.


Boy, have things changed.


His name is Izzy (shut up, it is a boys name!) and he’s my little baby. I don’t know when I became so emotionally attached to him. I never thought I’d care so much about an animal. But I do. Yeah sure, I don’t feed him (my brother does) or clean his litter box (uh..ew) but I really do care a lot about him. My father always says he wishes we never kept him because of how attached my brothers and I have become to him (my brother would never admit but he really does care about him). And even though he does a whole lot of things that get on my nerves, like when he scratches me or bites me or when he runs to the door when I’m leaving the house so he can run outside or…or…OR..when he gets his butt stuck under the huge shelf all because he wants a tiny piece of plastic and starts screaming and making weird noises like some insane person and I panic cause I have no idea what to do (ok, that happened once)... but still, he makes it hard to hate him. Because then he’ll sit on my lap whenever I’m on the computer or he’ll rub himself on me in the morning or look at me with those pretty eyes. Really, it’s hard. Sometimes I wish he was ugly because that’ll definitely make things a little easier. My father always threatens that we’re gonna wake up one day and he wont be there but I know he doesn’t mean it. He claims he doesn’t like him but really, he does. I mean, he spent lots of money to get him neutered. That’s love.

So yeah, I love my cat and there’s nothing I can do about it. I want him to stay with us for a really long time but sadly my parents say we must let him out once summer hits. But that’s okay cause I know he’ll still be around the house. He won’t go too far away. I’ll still see him all the time. Right?...right?!.....RIGHT?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I think is Izzy is a stupid name, I have a cat and his name is Haywan, which is a very catchy name. Second I hate my cat, he is so annoying and i repeatedly throw things at him because he constantly bites me and scratches me. Third I would throw him out the house but my brothers and sister 'love' him like he's a stuffed BEAR. I can't wait the day he leaves my life.

Hanna D. said...

^^ Told ya he'll never admit it.